Denim Love

I think that style is one of the best ways to express yourself, besides your attitude. You can definitely show your character and way of life through what you wear! Depending on the fit, the style, the brand or the colour of your jeans, you can show your personality - maybe you'll change it up every other day, maybe you'll base it on your mood that morning, or maybe it will be simple and consistent all the time. 

Just for fun, I decided to look at a few aspects of jeans and how they can reflect you the way you want them to!

First of all, there are soooo many different kinds of jeans, and everyone wears them differently. Depending on the fashion trends, certain styles will be easier to find in stores than others. For example, back in the day the bootcut jeans were the "thing". Then came the straight cut jeans, and from there things just got skinnier and skinnier, really. If you aren't styling the ever-tight leggings right now, you are most likely wearing jeggings. (For those of you that don't know about jeggings, they're literally a mix between leggings and jeans.) 

Another big part of jeans are the colours. From the rainbow and beyond, my friend - jeans can be anywhere from floral to tribal to white and black to bright red. The options are literally endless, if you keep looking for a certain colour or pattern to best suit you, you will most certainly find it!

Also important is the brand of the jeans. Since I'm not in the business lady stage of my life yet, I'm gonna be talking about jean stores for teens mostly, and the ones at affordable prices. If you're into an evident and easily-identified name brand, go for American Eagle Outfitters. They offer so many styles that always fit with what's trending. Another store with unique options is H&M, because they tend to have newer (or very retro) taste that suit almost everyone! Some others include Bluenotes, PacSun (my fave store!), Hollister, Garage, and Aeropostale. If you're more chillaxed about it, then you can go for cheaper stores like Walmart or Target.

I think your jeans can really show how you feel about life and how you like to express yourself.  For example, if you're a pretty casual person, you'll probably go for the straight cut in either the traditional shade of blue or maybe corduroy brown. If you're definitely outgoing and love to stand out - or if you just want a day where you pop out of the crowd - you could definitely rock a pair of neon green or pink jeggings. If you're classy and like looking sharp, definitely go for the blacks or maybe the vintage floral patterned jeans of skinnies. 

But definitely don't feel locked into your "style". I tend to like the classic look of the boyfriend jeans and jeggings that are a couple sizes too big. Because I've worn these most of my life, it's really hard for me to get out of my comfort zone and wear those awesome colourful super skinny jeans that I adore so much. Don't be afraid to try out a new style or change your's up every so often!

- Em 

PS. Tell me what you guys think about my first official post! And, if you want, let me know in the comments what kind of jeans you rock! Love ya all:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year and Online Buying