New Year and Online Buying

Hello Chicas,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

To start off the year I have a story!
As the world modernised, so too did the fashion industry. Now we do not even have to leave our beds to shop for clothing. Knowing the exact measurements of my body, I too decided to brave the waters of Internet shopping and give it a try. 

My personal favourite place to shop online, is without a doubt, Boutique 1861 (Click the link to visit) I really admire this website for not only being based in Canada (hello national shipping in 2-5 days!) But I also enjoy the vintage style of every dress that they create. To me they are inspired and quite frankly the most amazing creations on the planet.

Now I recently had a wedding to attend, and as my go-to online shopping place, I figured why not give it a go and see what happened! I picked out the Zoelie Bourgogne Dress. And ordered the beauty I was extremely excited for. I am a complete newbie when it comes to buying online. I shop online, but I usually end up hitting the mall and buying whatever I need there.

I got the package a few days after I bought it. I was extremely excited when I got the package. I raced to my room to put it on. I found after a few minutes of struggling that I would need help to do up the zipper of this dress, as it was fragile and I did not want to break something I may not keep. 

I am really big into love at first sight with my clothing, I generally will not try it on a second time if I do not love it.Also before buying anything I always try it on at least two times before I decide to buy it. I find this makes me think about what I am buying and how it will fit into my wardrobe. 

So after texting one of my roommates to come and help me, I found myself very underwhelmed with the dress. I disliked the skirt portion of it, the way it stuck out at the front had me concerned. However I was still optimistic, I wanted to give the dress another shot! So I hung it up for a few days to see if the front part would go the way I had seen in the pictures. This was still not the case after I waited a few days, so with a heavy heart I decided to return the dress.

Although I did enjoy the anticipation of waiting for what I bought, I do not think I will be attempting to buy anything without trying it on first!

Well that is all for today!So once again a Happy New Year to you all, I hope it is wonderful!
I will definitely be discussing New Year's resolutions next time! However one of mine is to keep this blog and all our other social media updated

Until then, feel free to send us an email emmie.syd@gmail.com.
We would love to hear your stories of successful or disastrous online shopping!


Until Next time you lovely ones,
Mucho love from me,
Syd :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shopping trip!